So, Lil Kim is back with Notorious K.I.M. Let's hope that it's as good as "Hardcore", her debut (and slammin) album from back in the 96. It was "Crush On You (remix)" that really set it off (I know you seen me in the video...true!) - that's when I got the album and I was NOT dissapointed at all. Let me break it down for the newcomers:
1. Intro - Hilarious skit featuring Lil Cease
2. Big Momma Thang - One of the best songs feat. Jay-Z & Lil Cease
3. No Time - Her debut single feat. Puff Daddy (song is still hot!)
4. Spend A Little Doe - O.K...
5. Take It! - Hilarious Skit w/B.I.G. and Cease
6. Crush On You - On this version, Cease takes the whole thing, but it's still tight!
7. Drugs - The beat is sick! Grimy, like Black Rob (this song is one of my personal favs)
8. Scheamin - some ol, crazy 'skit'!
9. Queen B@#$H - If you liked "I Can Love You (better than she can...)" from Mary J. Blige, you'll love this song (where Blige got the sample) B.I.G. has a cool one line verse in here!
10. Dreams - Hilarious! She's callin out names on this song about who's hot and who's not!
11. M.A.F.I.A. Land - kinda serious, like 2Pac's early stuff
12. We Don't Need It - just plain naughty (I liked the version on the Sunset Park soundtrack better though)
13. Not Tonight - (The original of Ladies Night...very So So Def-ish, with JD all over it)
14. Player Haters - skit
15. **** You - A cool peek into Junior Mafia - they should do another album!
So, as you can see, I liked this album so much I broke it down by track! This album is probably the best (consistently) by a female MC recently. Yes, it's nasty and arguably derogatory to women, but if you take it like it is, ENTERTAINMENT, then you'll enjoy. Lil Kim will have a tough act to follow for this one. Stay tuned for my review of Notorious K.I.M...
Knyte. (Trust Me)